Monday, March 30, 2009

Nemours Children's Hospital Groundbreaking Ceremony

In February, I had the great honor of being asked to cover the groundbreaking ceremony for the new Nemours Children's Hospital in Lake Nona's Medical City. I was so thrilled to be asked to be a part of this important day because I have come to feel so connected to the families through the Family Advisory User Group meetings. I have to admit, I did feel a little awe-struck, standing just inches away from the Governor, the Mayor, and a whole host of other really imporant people! However, little 4 year old Max Paul (and his parents) definitely stole the show! Max has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis and is a patient at Nemours. Hearing his mother speak about what all this hospital has done for their family and how grateful they are for the doctors and staff made me feel SO thankful for my two healthy children, but also extremely thankful that there is a place where these families can go to get the complete care that they need.

No comments: